What We Ate at La Union, PH 🌞🌊


This summer, we decided to visit Elyu to relax, and of course, we were going to review the restaurants we visited 🌴🌞.

On our first day in Elyu, we went to Miryinda for lunch because it was close to where we were staying.



Crispy Pork Kare-Kare w/ Bagoong Rice 250 pesos
What I ordered (T) was Crispy Pork Kare-Kare, which is my all-time favorite dish when it comes to Pinoy cuisine. To be honest, the KK sauce is delicious, and the veggies are delicious. My only complaint is that the crispy pork itself is dry and tough, making me regret not ordering the beef kk since the beef ordered by my friend was delicious. Perhaps next time I'll remember to order the beef kk.


Adobo Flakes 200 pesos
This is what C ordered. Unfortunately, he did not love the Adobo flakes since they are too salty, tasting like dilis, but the eggs and vegetables were fine. Maybe next time we'll try some of their other dishes.


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
Their milkshakes are nothing out of the ordinary; they taste just like regular milkshakes. Overall, our stay in Miryinda was average. The serving time is long because they only have a few staff members, and there are a lot of people here at lunch, so I recommend that someone be left here to reserve the table because they don't have reservations, which means first come, first served.


We decided to have dinner at La Kantina, which is a short distance away from our hostel.






Steak and Risotto Full 300grams 2400 pesos
This is what we ordered to share for four people, but it's not enough for us. Perhaps we simply had high expectations given the meal's price of 2k plus. The risotto is amazing with truffle flavor, which is great for truffle fans, but we didn't like the steak since it was chewy, which made our jaws tired.



Left: Tagliolini Carbonara 360 pesos    Right: Spaghetti Pomodoro 280 pesos

We tried their pasta, and we weren't fond of this carbonara because of the pasta noodles they used; we didn't expect to be served angel hair, and we should have asked beforehand. As for the taste, this is the typical carbonara with egg used for sauce, but it's somewhat dry, so it's a no for me. The Spaghetti is nothing spectacular (BLAND), and if you ask me what it tastes like, it tastes identical to IKEA's spaghetti.

Rating: ⭐⭐
Overall, our time at La Kantina was so-so. The waiter staff was friendly and accommodating. Their interior is classy, but the inside of the restaurant is dim, as you can see in our images; I had to use a flashlight to see the food better.


We went to a nearby food park for lunch on our second day. My face lit up when I discovered that something like this exists here; at the very least, we have plenty of food options.


I love kebabs that's why when I saw Bahbah's I didn't think twice about trying their mains.




Rating: ⭐⭐
I had the Beef Kebab Koobideh (330 pesos) and C had the Chicken Kebab Koobideh (280 pesos), and we also had Hummus (210 pesos) as an appetizer. So-so, kinda overpriced for the taste, I watched how it was cooked, and it was only fried considering the beef kebab is 300+ I think there are other places that are cheaper and tastier, with a similar view on the chicken kebab but we were on Elyu SO YEAH. The pita was somewhat toasted, so it tasted burnt, and the dip was dull. nevertheless, the garbanzos tasted even better than the dip itself. The sauces (of kebab) are also bland and watery.



Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
We got Pizza with Burrata (580 pesos) from Kermit for sharing; the staff informed us that this is their best seller; the pizza is great, but the burrata is salty.




I'm interested to know if El Union Coffee is good because there is a long line here. Unfortunately, they don't have my favorite coffee on their menu, so I only tried the Iced Mocha. (170 pesos). Note that their coffee is strong, thus I didn't like it hehe (not into strong coffee)

I discovered another coffee shop here, the name of the store is TIMPLA, and they have my favorite coffee, which is Spanish latte, and when I tried it, it was exactly the taste I wanted of my coffee because I didn't see it straight away because this shop is a bit hidden, and it is similar to the taste of j.coccino coffee HEHE.




Rating: ⭐⭐
We came upon this Sabong while touring the food park, and I was hungry for the fried chicken they had, so we ate here. The service was quick, like 5 minutes, we were called, but we didn't enjoy our order since the chicken was dry at room temperature, and the rice was no longer hot, so I thought the serving was quick because the chicken was probably on standby to be served. Left: Elyu Original (280 pesos) has a bland flavor, and Right: Korean Soy (280 pesos) has a sweet flavor but nothing special. We only want to mention that if the food had been freshly prepared, we might have appreciated it more.



Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We were also curious about Coco Mama because the line was very long. We bought Large size 6 scoops with mangos (380 pesos) and it was the nicest dessert after walking throughout the food park. The ice cream's flavor is not overly sweet, so it does not make me umay agad, and the mangos they use are also sweet, so it's a yes for me.


If we return to Elyu, we will try more foods here; otherwise, do you have anything else you would want to recommend for us to try in the future?πŸ˜‹πŸ’–

Comments

Popular Posts